Subject: Re: [Leica] Silverfast
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:23:24 -0400

At 02:02 PM 4/27/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Point to Ponder:
>Some software controls the motion of the negative under the scanner, and
>will make multiple scans of the same negative, each with a slight shift of
>position. Rather than 'interpolating' the missed info between scan lines, it
>actually reads the information. I believe that Vuescan does this on some
>scanners- and it is a very inexpensive program for the non-professional!
>The time to scan is increased accordingly, but for a really good scan, and
>for getting the maximum info for , say an exhibition print, it is worth the
>time spent.
>Dan

SilverFast's LaserSoft does this with a choice of 4 or 16 times
scanning.  The 16 times is really slow but does a wonderful job of reading
into shadows, etc.  LaserSoft is not inexpensive, however!  The same
feature is available in Nikon's software with the LS2000.  I don't know
what the difference is, but I do get better results with LaserSoft.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com