Subject: [Leica] Silverfast
From: Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow <laintal@tin.it>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 10:26:29 +0200

Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:39:06 -0700
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Epson 870, 1270

Tina Manley wrote:

> At 01:59 PM 4/25/00 -0400, you wrote:
> >That's not optical resolution....not possible.
> >
> >Dan C.
>
> I don't know about optical resolution.  The setting is 5400 dpi or 2700 lpi
> and it gives you a file of over 100 MB.  Lots of information of some kind
> there!
>
> Tina

Yes but is it made up information?
Mark Rabiner
<<<

It must be interpolation, but the results are incredible. Much greater
highlight detail, and fine details are beautifully rendered. For b+w the
results are far superior to the nikonscan driver.
Talking of made up information:
I just scanned a b+w negative of a child begging with a scam sheet in
Bombay - the boy was obviously handicapped in some way. The sheet takes up
a tiny portion of the negative, but the text is fully legible with the
Silverfast, not with the nikonscan driver. The text reads:
"The bearer of this application is a deaf and dumb and is not literate. He
has got two sisters and three brothers. Two sisters are studying in
Orphanage Society School. One sister is deaf and dumb. One brother is dumb
and one brother is physically handicapped. After his father's death his
mother delivered a child two heads and one body by a major operation. After
the delivery his mother was died. Please therefore do within your reach and
try to hlep this poor boy if possible anything. Two babies born with an
attached bodies is issue."
Tallyho!
Rob.
Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow