Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Korda sues
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 10:44:43 -0700

Larry Kopitnik wrote:

> Or am I just overly sensitive since I seem almost daily to wage battles
> over control of rights?
> <<<<<<<<<<
>
> No, you are not overly sensitive. You are correct.
>
> As production manager of a large ad agency who, among many other
> things, negotiates usage rights with photographers, I'll note this:
> The ad agency is making money from use of the photograph. The
> advertiser is making money from use of the photograph. And, unless he
> has waived his rights in writing, the photographer should expect to
> share in the money being made from use of his photograph. And I am
> continually amazed at the number of advertisers and ad agencies which
> fail to grasp this.
>
> Larry

I am amazed how these people driving around in their White Mercedies
convertibles are able to project this image of blissful ignorance upon us and we
get caught up in the act and pretend to believe it.
But we all know these people could not possibly be as dumb as to our basic
rights as they act. How dumb are they to THEIR basic rights? If you changed
lanes in front of them without signaling you'd end up in the clink. I prefer to
not give them the benefit of this charade of dullness. "Oh you're supposed to
make those little lights blink when you make a turn?!!!"
Mark Rabiner