Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: flawless Leica
From: "Simon Coates" <michael@scoates.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 19:55:27 +0100

I just want to add my thoughts to this particular thread.

As Leica users, we are spending large sums of money on equipment that is
between 2-10 times more expensive than equivalent items from Nikon, Canon,
etc.  We have a right to expect flawless perfomance, but even the best can
(and does) fail.

If we assume that the Leica QC is more stringent than, say, Nikon, then more
product failures will be discovered before it leaves the factory - but
inevitably some do slip the net.  I own a variety of Leica gear which has
performed superbly - yet the R6.2 had no documentation at all with it!
However, a quick phone call to Leica has sorted this out.

As far as I am concerned, the Leica cameras and lenses are as close to
flawless as humanly possible, and no mass-produced items from Japan come
even close to the pleasure one gets from using Leicas.

Simon