Subject: RE: [Leica] Epson 870, 1270
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 12:55:44 -0400

I printed a b/w landscape at 10"x15" on the matte paper with the Epson 1270
that looks absolutely gorgeous.  Beautiful tones (if I don't mind saying so
 ;-)), and very crisp.  And it was shot with a pre aspherical Summilux 35
(see, it's on topic now!).  To think I was actually considering selling
that lens!

As an aside, it took two phone calls, but Epson has agreed to exchange my
printer with a new one.  Mine was printing some weird puncture marks in the
surface of the glossy paper (not the infamous "pizza wheel" tracks) that
are not visible on prints from other 1270s.  Maybe caused by nothing more
than a bit of grit on a roller underneath the paper.  In any case, I am
otherwise very happy with the results so far.

Dan C.