Subject: Re: [Leica] 90/2 and 90/2.8
From: Nathan Wajsman <belgiangator@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 00:53:48 -0700 (PDT)

- --0-1303455736-956649228=:23712

Having upgraded from the Elmarit to the Apo ASPH last year, I can tell you that from f4 on you will be hard pressed to see a difference, both are excellent. At f2.8 the Apo ASPH is better, and at f2 it wins hands down ;-) These are just my opinions, for scientific tests go to Erwin's site.

The Apo ASPH will block a very small portion of the 90mm frame on your M6HM. Focused at infinity it is just a small part of the lower right hand corner. Focused at the minimum focusing distance this increases, but still remains very acceptable. This is with the hood extended.

Nathan

Keith Ng <itkeith@polyu.edu.hk> wrote:
Hello,

Just want to know, how about the optical quality comparison between the
APO-Summricon-M 90/2 ASPH and Elmarit-M 90/2.8 at the same aperture stops ?
Also, would the APO one block the 90mm frameline of the viewfinder ? I am
currently using M6 HM.. :)

Regards.

Do You Yahoo!?
- --0-1303455736-956649228=:23712

<P>Having upgraded from the Elmarit to the Apo ASPH last year, I can tell you that from f4 on you will be hard pressed to see a difference, both are excellent. At f2.8 the Apo ASPH is better, and at f2 it wins hands down ;-) These are just my opinions, for scientific tests go to Erwin's site.</P>
<P>The Apo ASPH will block a very small portion of the 90mm frame on your M6HM. Focused at infinity it is just a small part of the lower right hand corner. Focused at the minimum focusing distance this increases, but still remains very acceptable. This is with the hood extended.</P>
<P>Nathan</P>
<P><B><I>Keith Ng &lt;itkeith@polyu.edu.hk&gt;</B></I> wrote:<BR>
Send online invitations with <a href="http://invites.yahoo.com/">Yahoo! Invites</a>.
- --0-1303455736-956649228=:23712--