Subject: RE: [Leica] $12 buys a camera, a print, and great personal satisfaction
From: J Vaughan <sthawk_ontheroad@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 14:13:58 -0700 (PDT)

>   You can read more about Nancy McGirr's project here:
>
> http://www.oneworld.org/media/gallery/guatemala/1.html
>
>   You can read more about the Leica-H here:
>
> http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/leica-h/
>
>   Nancy McGirr has published a book of her student's photos, it's
> available on Amazon for $19, all proceeds go to the Project. The book
> is
> entitled Out Of The Dump.
>
>   Thanks for your time. Seriously for once,
>
>   Kyle

Kyle-
Tell Nancy Jeremy Vaughan from the Museum School says Hi and that my
Book  is being eaten up!!!
I lost her email addy if you have it please send it to me. I've been
wanting to go down and work with her but have had less than enough time
to spend in one place since graduating. And want to spend a year there
at minimum.

To ALL the book  is great! and is the first since sahooting back that
actually puts cameras in the hands of the children and allows them to
talk about their lives and the subjects THEY choose to shoot.  Nancy
had goten Konica to donate cameras at one point but they stopped making
the indesatructable rubber wrapped weather proof cameras.. too bad...

If you are going to donate ANYTHING to any cause this year think about
Nancy's project. After years of shooting the people in Central America
she decided to give something back. What a world if we all could do
this.

Jeremy