Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica quality issues
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 11:44:07 -0700

Dominique PELLISSIER wrote:

> >Tom Bowen jotted down the following:
>
> "My Noctilux had to be returned to Leica USA for
> replacement because of a bright spot in the middle of
> the lens due to faulty coating applications.
>
> Then 2 weeks later I order the new 135mm APO f3.4 and
> the aperture ring sticks and grinds when you try to go
> between f3.4 & f4.5, it will be returned as soon as I
> get a chance to pack it up and ship it.
>
> For what Leica charges for these items I think they
> should be more thorough before letting them out the
> door.  Has anyone esle experienced similar problems
> recently?
>
> Tom Bowen
> cptbowen@yahoo.com

My aperture ring on my 135 mm APO F3.4  is quite loose but I knew that as I
walked out the door as I bought it over the counter at Camera World.
They're just going to have to hire a better team of elves over there in the
black forests maybe if they played baseball during lunch.
I've pretty much gotten used to the looseness I almost think it was intentional
some day if I get around to it I will have it looked out.
I'm getting by the way better results from this lens than I'm used to getting as
that is saying a lot as I'm used to a 105 2.8 and 2.5 Nikkors and the 90 Elmarit
on my Leica M! Certainly better than the Nikkor Zooms I've had much experience
with them and they have had been great.
Mark Rabiner