Subject: Re: [Leica] Advice on incident meter
From: Robert Browne <rbrowne@iopener.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 23:54:56 -0400

I recently bought a Gossen Luna Pro Digital light meter that can be used for both incident and reflected ambient light readings. It is the fastest and easiest meter I've ever used. It replaced my clunky and slow Minolta Autometer III. The Gossen is small and light enough to fit conveniently in your pocket (2.5" x 4.5" x .75"). Just press the button and you get an instant reading. The display stays on for two minutes, then turns off automatically to save the battery. Best of all it remembers your last settings (shutter speed, film speed, etc.) so there is no need to reset it every time you take a reading when its been off. I carry it everywhere with my Leica III or IIIf.

Got mine at a store in NYC two blocks away from where I work for $145.00. Bogen Photo, the USA distributor is offering a $15.00 rebate until July 31, 2000.

Bogen Photo website: www.bogenphoto.com   (with list of dealers)
Gossen website: www.gossen-photo.de/UK/   (on Gossen site the meter is called the Sixtomat digital - European designation I guess)

Hope this is helpful.

Robert