Subject: [Leica] M2 viewfinder update
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 16:25:58 -0600

Well I have had the time to do some testing and some recollecting. The
camera rode in the bike trailer with my son and we went over some wooden
bridges that vibrated the heck out of us and the camera (in a padded bag).
The framelines are still accurately positioned and the rangefinder is spot
on as well. Some adjustment has drifted so that the rangefinder patch is up
a few millimetres. I think I will leave it that way until the next overhaul
as it seems harmless. My M4-2 has ridden the same ride many times and,
despite its oft mentioned notoriously inferior construction, seems to have
survived quite well.

John Collier