Subject: Re: [Leica] making contact prints
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 18:06:49 -0400

At 02:20 PM 4/21/00 -0700, you wrote:

>My question is?  Can you do 60 sheets of contacts that fast on the
>computer? And with that little fuss?  I realize we do some things
>quickly with the computer,  thank goodness. However, I'd have to see 60
>sheets of contacts in fifteen - twenty minutes off a computer print out.
>
>Or maybe I'm all wet and it can be done? :-)
>
>Contacting rolls has never been a big deal for me, as it seems for some
>others. I maintain, if you keep it simple you can fire those contact
>sheets out very rapidly no fuss, no muss, whether it's one roll or 100
>hundred.  And when it's a hundred rolls you really want to see the hands
>flying in the soup! :-)
>
>ted

No fair, Ted!  I don't have Sandy to help me!

  I can load 50 slides in the batch feeder and scan them while I do other
stuff (in the daylight).  I save them all as tif's.  Then they can be
printed quickly as contact sheets and with the click of a mouse add them
all to my database to be captioned and add keywords.  Then they are
searchable and ready to add to any submittal or delivery form which is
automatic in InView/StockView.  So, I'm not only making contact sheets, I'm
making a searchable database and inventory for stock.
Granted, it would take longer than 15 minutes to print out 60 sheets, but
while they are printing, I am writing captions to go on the labels or
mounting and filing other slides.
Besides, while the computer at times gives me headaches, it's nothing like
the headaches I get from darkroom chemicals!  Even Lagavulin doesn't help!

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com