Subject: [Leica] Re: Advice for a New M6 TTL Owner
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 02:38:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Dan.  Imagine seeing you here.  :)

"Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com> wrote:

> I'm new to the LUG, and I'm about to order my very first M6 TTL.  I'd
> welcome any advice you might have for someone just starting out--from
> buying advice, accessory suggestions, things to check when I first
get
> the camera, reading material or web links, and so on.

This probably seems obvious to everybody here, but as a new Leica
owner I discovered it the hard way.  :)

When holding the camera, you have to be really careful about where
you put your right fingers.  When I first picked up an M6 at my local
store, I wasn't taking pictures, so I didn't have my index finger on
the shutter button.  Instead, it was blocking the rangefinder window.

I couldn't see the split image.  I thought it must have been my eyes.
All of a sudden, when I focused on something further away and with
more contrast, I could see it.  Then when I looked back at my previous
subjects, I could see the split image again.  Ok, so my mind was
playing tricks on me.

I hadn't been planning on making a purchase that day.  So we went out
for lunch because I wanted a little time away from the store to think
through my impending purchase.  When we went back, then I had the same
problems seeing the split image.  That's when I realized that if I
moved my right index finger, I could see the split images.  Duh.  :)