Subject: Re: [Leica] LS2000 ICE
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 04:13:32 -0700

Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow wrote:

> Tina wrote:
> >>>
> There is no problem scanning Kodachrome with the LS-2000 if you turn off
> the ICE feature.  Clean the slides before you scan them and you won't need
> ICE. (ICE slightly affects the sharpness so I never use it anyway.)
>
> <<<
>
> I don't know how recently you bought your LS2000, but mine, bought just a
> month ago, has a cleanimage + sharpen feature that I believe gives better
> results than scanning without the ICE on.
>
><Snip>
What would that other one be?
I wonder if they typical "dust and scratches" filter in Photoshop has anything
under ICE.
I apply it to open areas with no detail but I find that when it intrudes into
areas with detail it doesn't even take the grain away let alone the detail.
"Dust and scratches" works OK for me. I have lots of Kodachrome and black and
white silver neg to scan. Part of the process just as unsharp mask is.
Mark Rabiner