Subject: [Leica] LS2000 ICE
From: Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow <laintal@tin.it>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 09:48:39 +0200

Tina wrote:

There is no problem scanning Kodachrome with the LS-2000 if you turn off
the ICE feature.  Clean the slides before you scan them and you won't need
ICE. (ICE slightly affects the sharpness so I never use it anyway.)

<<<

I don't know how recently you bought your LS2000, but mine, bought just a
month ago, has a cleanimage + sharpen feature that I believe gives better
results than scanning without the ICE on.

And then Henry said:

My opinion about digital ice scratch removal - its nothing more than a
trumped up sales feature. If your film is that bad I suggest you change
labs or your darkroom habits. Dust your film with a Staticmaster brush
and scan it. Its really pretty simple to spot your scan if need be.

<<<

But the whole convenience of ICE and the LS2000 in particular is that if
you've got 50 images to scan at full res the machine does the whole job for
you while you're busy mailing the LUG about lens shade numbers. These
features (ICE + bulk scanning) in combination make the LS2000 the best
thing on the market, IMO. 3 minutes per slide for a clean, sharp scan (30
Mb), and meanwhile I'm watching "The man who fell to earth". What could be
better than that?

Rob.
Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow
Via Bellentani 36