Subject: [Leica] Nachtwey's marketing
From: Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow <laintal@tin.it>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:13:37 +0200

It was written:

Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 20:45:39 +0100
From: "Gerry Walden" <gerrywalden@cwcom.net>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Salgato Salgato Nachwey and75/1.4

I can echo the sentiments on the Salgado books, but the James Nachtwey I
found to be so graphic that it was (sadly) difficult to stomach even though
I greatly admire his work.   It is difficult to know how far one should go
on this point, and I fully appreciate that war is a horror that fortunately
I have never had to face, but I question the marketing of it in a large
coffee table tome at a very high price for profit.

Gerry

<<

Photographers have to make a living. I don't believe it's a hobby for him.
Rob.
Robert Appleby
V Bellentani 36
41100 MO