Subject: Re: [Leica] re: (Leica) Interesting scam
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 17 Apr 2000 22:04:33 -0700

On Mon, 17 April 2000, Ted Grant wrote:

> Austin Franklin wrote:
> >
> > I guess common sense (and decency) is not so common...<<<<<<<<<<
>
> Hi Austin,
>
> I'm afraid you're quite correct, as there is very little of it readily
> available these days. The honour of a hand shake or word of a gentleman
> is no longer a viable commodity.  Society is at a great loss because one
> person can't keep their word to another.
>
> If you consider what a simple thing it is and how at one time it meant
> so much. While today you can't trust the paper it's written on unless
> there is a battery of lawyers involved and even then it's  challenged.
>
> Too bad , the simplicity of honour and a man's word at one time was a
> great thing.  To-day?
>
> ted

Ted,

There have always been knaves and scoundrels, just as there have always been (and always will be) honorable and trustworthy people.  We hear of the former because they are the exception; the latter are far more common.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!