Subject: Re: [Leica] UMAX PowerLook III scanner
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 15:21:02 +0000

Martin,
That's like finding a camera that does 35 and 4x5 both.  And with
flatbeds available at give away prices, don't bother with a duo, get
both.  The tranny scanners on flatbed usually do poorly on 4x5s and
dreadfull on anything else.  Good enough for FPOs, but nothing else.

donal

Martin Howard wrote:

> I've been charged with the rather pleasant responsibility of finding a
> scanner to buy for the place where I work.  We need something that is going
> to scan regular paper as well as transparent media.  Personally, I would
> also be very happy if it scans 35mm and 6x9cm film.
>
> I've found a web-page for something called a UMAX PowerLook III with
> transparency adapter that looks interesting.  Does anyone have any
> experience of this product?
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego