Subject: Re: [Leica] UMAX PowerLook III scanner
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 12:51:03 -0700

Martin Howard wrote:

> Jeff Spirer jotted down the following:
>
> > I've just started using it.  Results have been reasonably good, not drum
> > scans by any means, but adequate for web work, and small or proof
> > prints.  I'm mostly scanning 6x7.
> >

> Thanks.  I should have mentioned that our output will be web production, or
> CD-ROM, or interactive computer prototypes (i.e., in all cases, display will
> be on a computer screen, not on paper).  We don't have a "photographic"
> printer, and it doesn't look like we'll be getting one either.
>
> M.
>
> --
It's great for making inkjet prints from your medium format negs and
transparencies as Scans from a good contact sheet can be blown up as if it were
scanned from a film neg. Amazing. Especially if your contact sheet is all you've
got left!
There are unseen advantages to having an above average flatbed scanner for sure.
"High performance prepress color scanner"
Mark Rabiner