Subject: [Leica] Simple Solution to Focussing accuracy?
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 18:11:06 +0000

Thinking about posts about focusing accuracy and getting the .85 and the
limitations of all that (limitations to my budget for one) and got to
thinking about how Nikon and Canon (and maybe Leica) make magnifying
lupes for rear viewfinder to extreme focusing accuracy.  These devices
limit the field of view, of course, but that is exactly what the .85
does.  Why couldn't someone (Tom A, are you listening?) build a screw-on
or snap on magnifier for the back of an M that would do the same.  On
the front I think you get framing error, but the back.....

I recently picked up a like-new 90 pre APO and find that I would like to
see a bit more clearly in the small frame, not so much for focusing, but
just to see more detail as I am accustomed to do with an SLR.  Focusing
accuracy would be a bonus.

donal

- --
Donal Philby