Subject: RE: [Leica] ROM lenses
From: HFHUBER@t-online.de (Hans-Ferdinand Huber)
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 19:42:43 +0200

Hi,

the ROM has a few functions only. First like Ted wrote, to control the flash
zoom e.g. with Metz 40. If you use a Apo Extenter (with ROM also) and a ROM
lense you get the wright aperture shown in the screen display e.g. with 2x
extender with lense set 4,0 the display shows 8,0. Third -I got this
information from Leica, Solms-  gives the ROM some information about the
lense to control the automatic (P) settings, e.g. the proper aperture with
no vignetting.

Thatīs all I know, maybe there are a few functions more with a
R9,10,11,12....

I think itīs not necessary to modify lenses without ROM. I see no real
advantages to the nonRom version.

The modification costs here in Germany about 60 US$ at Leica Service Solms.

Hope this helps
regards

Ferdinand