Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux and Edwin Puts
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 10:40:58 EDT

In a message dated 4/16/2000 10:07:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dnygr@cshore.com writes:

<< Trouble is that when I'm not using it I have to spend all my
 time at the gym so that its weight doesn't do me in. >>

Interesting you should say that. Last year I hurt the tendons in my right arm
to such an extent that I had to put it in a sling for a month. I travel a lot
and lifting and lowering heavy bags from the overhead, in and out of cabs,
across long terminal walkways got me. I started serious strength training
about three months ago and have seen some really impressive (for me )
results. I am now 61 and thought that loss of muscle bulk was inevitable. It
might be, but for now, the working out is paying off.
A useful travel bag of camera, film and business stuff weighs 15-20 pounds.
Add that to a computer and you have a carry-on sack that can weigh 25 pounds
or so. That plus a rolling luggage cart means 45 - 50 pounds of burden to get
through security, etc. You NEED to be in shape to travel! I have tried
carrying only an M camera with a 35,1.4 ASPH - that's fine fo many things,
but I always want the other equipment as well, especially on longer trips to
unusual places.
Bob Figlio