Subject: [Leica] Re: Noctilux and Edwin Puts
From: Doug Nygren <dnygr@cshore.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 09:57:10 -0400

Many thanks to all of you who responded to  my questions about using the
Noctilux at night.

I have one follow-up question. There was mention made of Edwin Puts and
his comments on Leica lenses. Were can I find his writings? Is it a
book? A magazine article? Are they on a website?

I have read Brian Bower's books on M and R lenses. Besides Bower and
Puts are there other books or articles I ought to read.

Best wishes,

doug nygren
P.S. I lugged a 70-180 lens around covering a soccer tournament last
summer. It's one heavy sucker. Photos were good. Best photos with it
came from candids and general shots. I found the color to be incredible.
I agree that with the R100 it is one of the great lenses that Leica has
produced. Trouble is that when I'm not using it I have to spend all my
time at the gym so that its weight doesn't do me in.