Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 classic and 90mm lenses
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 16:12:18 +0200

Pascal,

I am being lazy right now because I could just go over to the next room and
grab the M6 and the relevant lenses, but from memory, the 90 Apo Asph
obscures a comparable portion of the viewfinder as the 35 Summilux; of
course, given that the 90mm frame is much smaller, no part of that is
actually obscured (as is the case with the 35mm).

As for focusing, I have no problem getting accurate focus with the 90mm on
the 0.72 M6. Yes, it is easier on the M6HM or the M3, but it is still easy
with the M6.

Nathan

Pascal wrote:

> I'd have a question regarding the use of a 90 mm lens on the M6 classic
> (0.72X).
>
> - how much do the Elmarit-M 90/2.8 and Summicron-M 90/2.0 APO ASPH
> obscure the M6 viewfinder? I find this aspect very annoying. The
> Summilux-M 50/1.4 does not have this problem, but the Summilux-M 35/1.4
> ASPH obscures quite a substantive part of the viewfinder.
>
> - is precise focusing a problem with these lenses on a classic M6 model
> due to the small area in the viewfinder?
>
> Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks.
>
> Pascal
> NO ARCHIVE

> See my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
> p r o u d l y   s e n t   o n   a   M a c   P o w e r B o o k   G 3
> <<< PGP public key available on request >>>

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch