Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodachrome
From: "Gerry Walden" <gerrywalden@cwcom.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 08:31:42 +0100

Like you, Nathan, I am a lover of Kodachrome but have been using Sensia
recently.   I decided to change back to Kodachrome last week and bought 6
rolls of Kodachrome 64 the same day as buying my new Nikon Coolscan 3
scanner.   Reading the scanner instructions, I find that it cannot get the
right colour balance with Kodachrome so, guess what, the Kodachrome had to
go back.   Sadly, that is the current situation for me but I am told by Tina
Manly it is OK as long as you keep the 'Clean Image' software turned off.
I am still playing so I am not sure which way I am jumping at the moment.
I may well be shooting 4 remaining rolls of Kodachrome 200 today so that may
be the decider.   The Tall Ships race is sailing down the river here in
Southampton past the new P&O cruise liner 'Aurora' and I have been invited
on a privately hired tug boat to go down and photograph it with the official
P&O photographer (just him and me).   The sun is shining bright so it looks
like a good day for Leica glass whatever the film!

Gerry