Subject: Re: [Leica] 75 F1.4 vs. 90 F2 Apo Asph: Best with M6?
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 19:28:23 -0400

Thank you!  Actually, I was disappointed in the slide scans (using my HP
Photosmart scanner, 1st version).  I was having trouble getting the scanner
to focus properly.  Usually the scanner will focus perfectly, but there may
be a problem with mine.

The model shots however were scanned from negative film, and I am quite
happy with the scanner performance in this case.  The HP scanner is a real
sleeper, IMHO.   The newer USB version is supposedly better.

By the way, I just scanned and printed an 8" x 15" tmax100 (M6 with non
asph 35/1.4) shot taken in a park in Toronto (Wilket Creek) on my new Epson
1270, using the heavy weight matte paper.  I am stunned by the technical
quality of the print.  It will look wonderful in a matte and frame.  And
total time between scanning and final print was perhaps 45min., including a
little fiddling in Photoshop.  No more 35mm darkroom work for me!

Dan C.