Subject: Re: [Leica] Cheapshot (Was: an invitation to be SMUG- a new list for screw mo...
From: P2CON@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 13:17:06 EDT

Gee, I am sure glad you guys are putting your comments about this on the LUG
rather than the SMUG.

Paul (Still smiling) Connet

<< Dan C. writes: >> << But what if the restaurent owner operated a freely
available Internet
 mailing list about restaurants?   I can understand keeping hotdog vendors
 out of his restaurent, but the mailing list?

 Personally, I don't like seeing dealer ads at all.   If I had seen the
 greeting message myself, I would probably have interpreted (perhaps
 incorrecty) it to mean that the mailing list was primarily a vehicle for
 promoting Rich's business, and not just a friendly mailing list about screw
 mount Leicas.

 Dan C.

 At 05:33 AM 15-04-00 -0400, Hoyen Tsang wrote:
 >Steven Gandy wrote:
 >
 >> Gee Rich, you forgot to mention the greeting email from SMUG
 >> says "No dealer, except The Photo Village, Inc., should post
 >> gear for sale."  Hmm...I wonder who is SMUG about being the
 >> only dealer on the SMUG list -- how much money is to be made
 >> there, anyway ?
 >
 >A cheapshot by Mr. Gandy if I ever saw one.  So, Mr. Gandy, I guess if you
 were a restaurant owner, you would allow the street hotdog vendor to come
 in and sell hotdogs to your customers?