Subject: Re: [Leica] enlarger or scanner?
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 08:42:21 EDT

In a message dated 4/14/2000 10:12:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
images@InfoAve.Net writes:

<< Have you ever seen a truly fine digital
 print?  Not from a digital camera but from film, scanned at the proper  >>
Yes I have and they are very good up to a point. In fact they are acceptable
for most applications, especially in B/W. However I have never seen a digital
print which matches the subtlety of a silver image in the larger sizes. I
have some friends who are fully committed to digital imaging (including my
daughter who is a commercial artist) so I do have the opportunity to see
pretty good stuff. I still think that chemical processes are substantiallly
better.
That is not to say that scanned images do not look good - maybe we are
looking for different things.
Bob Figlio