Subject: [Leica] Re: Nikon's Noctilux
From: Doug Nygren <dnygr@cshore.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 22:59:11 -0400

Canon and Nikon could make a F 0.5 lens, but the image quality of their
products would still be inadequate in my opinoin.

I use a Canon in addition to my Leica and I find the image quality of
the Leica to be be better. My kids tell me my photography has fallen off
when they see photos taken with the Canon, and pros react as well. One
local highly regarded photographer asked me during a recent slide
presentation what camera I was using. "Leica," I responded. The
presentation proceded and he stopped me suddenly when I showed a photo
taken inside a Grange hall with severe backlighting of the speaker.
"What were you using here," he asked. It was the one photo in the entire
presentation that wasn't taken with my M6. "This one was taken with a
Canon 70-170 L 2.8 professional lens," I answered. "Didn't seem like the
Leica," he said. "Your Leica would have handled the backlighting
better."

doug nygren