Subject: RE: [Leica] focusing tab
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 19:04:08 -0400

> My plan is to either carefully put two notches in the Summicron barrel to
> accept the "nubs" and epoxy it to the lens.

Did you check if the old focusing ring (with the detents for the nubs and
hole for the screw) would fit the newer lense?  I know it would cost more
to have it taken apart and replaced...but it certainly would be the most
'professional' way of updating it.

You could also send that lense to a guy like SK Grimes, who could
disassemble it, and put the two detents in, and the screw hole in for
you...  I'd suggest at least calling him and discussing it with him, who
knows, it may cost less than you think...