Subject: Re: [Leica] photographing dead people.....
From: ARTHURWG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 08:50:12 EDT

You should only photograph dead people if you want to or have a good reason.
I believe that anything that happens in public is fair game for the
photographer.  Or you could have a situation like France, where everyone  has
a right to his or her image and can sue successfully for any unreleased use
of that image-- in any context, news or otherwise.  That's a strange thing in
the land that gave birth to photojournalism and street photography.   I
understand crime and accident victims have sued successfully; perhaps the
estates of the dead folks  can sue as well.