Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica France
From: "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 21:24:00 +0200

Excuse me Laurent but they are not renowned for the quality of their work. A
friend of mine had a M6 under warranty. The lightmeter had a problem so he
brought it back to the Fnac shop where he bought it. Of course, the seller said
he would send the M6 to Leica France but actually it went to Atelier 102. The
repair lasted only two weeks but the repairman had hastily reassembled the body
and the preview lever was stuck. Of course, the M6 was resent to Atelier 102.
When it came back, the telemeter did not couple under 1.5 m. Third trip to
Paris. This time, they vertically disaligned the telemeter.

The other day, I was in a reseller's. A customer was complaining because Rollei
had split some soldering metal everywhere in the exposure chamber of a 6008 (not
sure) when repairing something in the electronics of the camera. The customer
said to the seller "Can't we send it to Atelier 102?". And the seller answered
"Never do that, it will be worse".

All the best,

- --
Jean-Claude Berger (jcberger@jcberger.com)