Subject: [Leica] Re: Non Invasive focus tab/ was Shades of hoods!
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 15:01:16 -0700

On 11 Apr 2000, Cmrausr@aol.com wrote, at least in part:

> The one that I'm using right now is gray in color, but I believe
> they are also made in black, if you want to keep that black
> professional appearance. I've also seen them in international
> orange if you really want to be seen.

Black for another reason, too. White, the usual other color, is far
more sensitive to the UV in sunlight. UV, apparently, messes up
the molecular structure of the white ones causing them to break
more quickly if exposed to a lot of sunlight.

Whether this will be a factor for the average bloke doing
photography; who knows?

- --
Roger
The LEG (Leica Enthusiasts Mailing List)
http://www.topica.com/lists/leica