Subject: RE: [Leica] Shades of hoods!
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 14:56:18 -0500

>> I'm working on a fix for both. The hood is simple - maybe - just have
>> someone turn a tube to fit/glue on an old filter ring then screw it in
>
>I think I know what you mean...and if it's what I think you mean, I like
>the idea.  I don't understand what "turn a tube" means...would you please
>clarify that?

Chuck (place in a holder in the headstock of the lathe)a piece of plastic
material in a lathe and bore the internal diameter to slip over a filter
ring then glue it. Or maybe even cut a thread in the end to screw into
the front thread of the lens. The end result would look like a piece of
plastic pipe (plastic pipe might even be the starting poiint)

Henry