Subject: Re: [Leica] black and white
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 10:33:38 -0400

At 03:07 PM 4/10/00 +0100, you wrote:
>on 10/4/00 2:46 pm, Tina Manley at images@InfoAve.Net wrote:
>
> > This stuff is all changing every day and it's very exciting to be able to
> > see the improvements in inks and papers made in the last year.
>
>Hi Tina... I've been following the Epson list but find the whole thing
>utterly bamboozling. Wondered which system you use and what kind of paper?
>
>--
>Johnny Deadman
>
>photos:      http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
>music:       http://www.jukebox.demon.co.uk

Hi, Johnny -

I have ordered a refurbished Epson 3000 to use with the Piezography inks,
but it hasn't arrived yet.  I got samples of prints that Jon Cole did  with
that system and they are fabulous.  So far, I'm still using my old (!)
Epson PhotoEx.  I've experimented with several of the papers.
The Concord Rag, Somerset Enhanced, and Media Street are my
favorites.  They are very different - ranging from watercolor, rough
surfaces (beautiful arty prints) to glossy photo quality paper that you
can't tell from a Cibachrome.  The papers are all expensive so that kind of
limits my experimenting!  I hope the prices come down as the market
increases.  The reason for using the Epson 3000 is the size of the ink
cartridges.  They are huge and refillable and the ink is much cheaper in
quantity.  The Piezography system changes the 3000 to a dotless printing
system with the smoothest grayscale of any method.

Hope this helps -

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com