Subject: Re: [Leica] black and white
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 09:46:05 -0400

At 10:30 PM 4/9/00 -0500, you wrote:
>While at work I do nothing but shoot color and scan shoot and scan.  It is
>so relaxing to shoot black and white on my days off.    My only concern
>with this digital age is how well the prints last.  With black and white,
>important pictures can be saved for generations.
>
>However, I think that with the advent of cheap media (CD recording roms),
>I am somewhat curious as to the eventual lifespan of the new media.  As
>you all know, we know what photographic lifespan, but really have there
>been any studies done in that regard???
>
>gck

Gary -

The new papers and inks are rated for 120+ years which is better than
fiber-based darkroom prints.  For more information:
http://www.tssphoto.com/sp/dg/news/wilhelm102999.html
http://www.wilhelm-research.com/

The 4-color Epsons inks are much more archival than the 6 color ones except
for the newest ones for the 1270 printers.

The QuadBlack inks and papers that I am experimenting with are
archival.  Read about them here:
http://www.inkjetmall.com/store/piezography-preview.html

This stuff is all changing every day and it's very exciting to be able to
see the improvements in inks and papers made in the last year.

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com