Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Film loading
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2000 13:46:50 -0700

Excellent advice below!

Attaching the tape to both sides of the film is essential, and keeps it from
being peeled off the sprocket if you continue winding after reaching the end
of the film.

On tape:
(1) I used masking tape for years. 3M masking tape was the best. It was sold
in paint stores to mask woodwork. It was really sticky, and because of that,
lousy for painting (it tended to remove the old paint rather than protect
it). Other masking tapes worked better on woodwork than film. I'd test the
tape for stickyness first.

(2) Agfapan used to be attached with really great (blue) tape that never
dried out and could be re-used many times for reloads. Anyone know a source
for something other than masking tape today?