Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford Delta 100 now Bergger 200 OT
From: Ed Buziak <ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 08:59:02 +0000

Richard,

I thought the same conclusions had been arrived at by Gordon Hutchings in
his similar comparison in View Camera Mar/Apr 1999 but on checking that was
his comparison of Arista's films with Ilford's products (same animals I
think). Gordon reviewed Bergger 200 in the Sept/Oct 1998 issue of View
Camera and sang its praises...

...when Burkhardt Kiegeland (the maker of Lotus View cameras) visited me
here in Wales a couple of years ago he brought his portfolio of 8x20 and
12x20 (inch!) mounted contact prints made on Kodak Azo processed in Amidol
from PMK/Bergger negatives (Burkhardt tray processes SIX sheets of 12x20 at
a time would you believe!) and they were simply stunning. I remember one
image of an autumnal scene which looked grainy in the fore and middle
ground... examining the print through a loup revealed that the grains were
individual fallen leaves.

Ed Buziak / Publisher
Camera & Darkroom magazine

ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk