Subject: [Leica] M6 shutter release jammed!
From: Austin Burbridge <LEICA@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 00:05:00 -0700

This evening I rewound a roll of film, and dropped another roll in.
But the shutter release button would not descend. I checked the
little rewind release lever: instead of returning to its "Twelve
O'Clock" (straight up) position it has moved to "Eleven O'Clock".

The body is two years old -- it's had less than 100 rolls of film
through it, and has generally been well-cared for. I'm rather
surprised at this failure.

I didn't expect to have to repair this camera so soon -- I don't even
know where to send it: it's still under Passport warranty. Does one
send it to Leica NJ or can a local (Los Angeles) place fix it under
warranty?
Regards,

A U S T I N ,

Austin Burbridge,