Subject: Re: [Leica] [Lieca] Good service from Germany
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 23:57:01 +0200

Gerry,

Foto Hobby is indeed a great shop to do business with. You have discovered a sad
truth about UK photo gear importers: they are ripping off the British public by
not passing the savings that should result from the strong pound on to the
consumers. And if anything, the cost of doing business in the UK (staff salaries
etc.) is lower than on the Continent. If more people did like you and voted with
your wallet things might change.

Nathan

Gerry Walden wrote:

> Following the recommendation of a fellow LUGer, I made an enquiry at
> Foto-Hobby Frankfurt about the purchase of a motor drive for my R8.   The
> position in the UK is that they have no idea when they are going to receive
> more stock and the price is £595 (approximately $950).   Germany supplied by
> return (the package took 2 days to get here) in a very courteous manner at a
> price of £395 ($630).   This included all taxes, postage and insurance.   A
> massive saving of £200 ($320) is inexplicable by currency fluctuations etc.
> I would recommend anyone to try Jurgen Uhl at Foto-Hobby for fully
> guaranteed (i.e. not 'grey') Leica items.
>
> Thanks to the LUGer (?Pascal or Nathan) who recommended them.
>
> Regards
>
> Gerry

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch