Subject: Re: [Leica] Resurgence of B&W
From: ceworkman@ktis.net (C. E. Workman Jr.)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 12:48:46 -0500

Mark Rabiner's email on 4/6 correctly stated from the article in Modern
Photography, "The 10 most important cameras of the 20th century"! that
listed:

>> 1948 Polaroid 95, the first successful Polaroid <<

However, I was citing a later post from B.D. Colen which stated:

>> a similar article recently appeared in the l.a. times magazine. it
showcases 10 cameras from the uc riverside's museum of photography's
bingham collection. the article was written by patrick downs, a pj and the
mag's photo editor. here's what he says: <<

Then Mark Rabiner wrote:

>> Better buy that Mag and read the article! He is listing not the very
first but
first "successful" in a consumer production.<<

Now I'm open to comments and criticism, but in this case I'll stand by my
comment that the "original Polaroid camera" was made some 25 years earlier
than 1972.  However, let's drop this.  No need to get into a squabble.
Besides, I got off topic by my comment anyway.  Thanks.

Chuck