Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Consensus? Skopar 24mm
From: Dominique.Pellissier@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr (Dominique PELLISSIER)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 05:50:07 +0200 (MET DST)

>Hi Dominique,
>What tests are you referring to? I have only seen excellent reviews, in the
Swedish "Foto" and the German "Fotomagazin". BTW, I have a Skopar 25 and the
Nokton 50, and IMHO they are both excellent lenses.

>Just to clearify my point: -I also think it is rational to use older Leica
lenses, if I canīt afford the current aspherical versions.

>Best,
>Hans
>

>> If Cosina lenses are mediocre, and the MTF-tests show poor results, it's
>> irrational to put one on a leica body instead of a leica lens.

#########
Tests made by Chasseur d'images : n° 219/dec.99.

The bargraph is graduated from "weak" to "excellent".
I've chosen the following rating : "weak" =1; "poor"=2;"good"=3;"very
good"=4;"excellent"=5.
The first grade is for the center of the lens ; the second for the edge.

Cosina 15 :
at 4.5 :1.5;1
at 8 :3;3 (="good,good"). The optimum.

My comment : not too bad for a 15.

By comparison, for the elmar R 3.5/15 (in fact a Zeiss Distagon): 3;2 at
full aperture and 4;3 at the optimum (5.6 and 8).

Cosina 24 :

at 4 : 1.5;1.5
at 8 : 3.5 ; 3. The optimum.

By comparison the elmarit M 24 gives :

at 4 : 4;4 (=very good, very good)
at 8 : 5,4 the optimum.

My comment : no need for a photo finish!

Dominique