Subject: Re: [Leica] leica pimples?
From: Julio Marcos <jmarcos@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 17:49:40 -0700

It's funny how people consider their Leica and Contax glass a step above
Nikon or Canon, have religious wars about it, but then go and put Cosina
lenses in their Leicas. Isn't Cosina the maker of those super-cheap,
plasticky consumer zooms?
I know that this statement is unfair, and that Cosina is doing a good
job at promoting a rather affordable rangefinder system.

I am going to get a Leica 24mm Elmarit but if could not afford it I'd
use my 24mm Nikkor, a beautiful lens, with an adapter, rather than a
Cosina 25mm.

I also like the Konica RF, which I have seen, but not taken pictures
with. But from the people talking here it looks like there is bias
towards Voigtlander / Cosina.

Just a thought....

- -Julio