Subject: [none]
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:56:46 -0700

>This March issue of Popular Photography has an article in it by Jason
>Schneider:
>"The 10 most important cameras of the 20th century"! I love this great
>articles
>more than most even of what Jason Schneider writes!
>1900 Brownie Camera original Eastman Kodak (one dollar)
>1924 Ermanox, as hand held by Erich Salomon
>1925 LEICA A need we say more!
>1929 Rolleiflex not the first but best twin lens reflex!
>1933 Super Kodak Six-20, first production automatic exposure (selenium)
>control
>1948 Polaroid 95, the first successful Polaroid
>1948 Hasselblad 1600 F, with 80mm f2.8 Kodak Ektar "a case study in
>intelligent
>product development"
>1949 Contax X first successful eye level pentaprism 35mm SLR
>1977 Konica C35 AF, first point and shoot
>1984 Minolta Maxxum 7000 first full system AF SLR with sensors and drive
>mechanism built into the body,
>	wasn't someone just asking about the Maxxum?
>Mark Rabiner

mark,

a similar article recently appeared in the l.a. times magazine. it
showcases 10 cameras from the uc riverside's museum of photography's
bingham collection. the article was written by patrick downs, a pj and the
mag's photo editor. here's what he says:

1900 kodak brownie
1900-1910 century #2 view camera
1905-1935 expo watch-camera (camera/watch combo)
1925-1930 leica 1(a)
1928-1929 vanity kodak ensemble
1936-1948 kodak bantam camera
1938-1966 argus c series
1950 teleca 'mighty' binoc-cam (camera/binocular combo)
1953 tri-vision stereo camera
1959 ramera (camera/radio combo)
1960 calypso (underwater camera designed for j. cousteau)
1972-1977 original polaroid camera
1970s-1980s diana
1980-1985 kodak disc camera
1990s sony mavica digital camera