Subject: Re: [Leica] brick, INVENTORY
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 04:06:41 -0800

Alan Hull wrote:

> >From Mark Rabiner
> > The only way to know how you feel about the classic M6 is to give it
> a shot yourself and shoot a brick with it!.
>
> And for those of us who speak English???
>
> Alan

Bricks have subtle red colors in them that really get you in touch with your bad
self.
Or........
CELLOPHANE
definition No2.
Cellophane is what makes a brick a brick!!!!
Put Cellophane around 20 rolls of Tri X and you get a brick. The emulsion
numbers will be the same. There is something to be said for that! 10 rolls of an
Ilford film or Neopan makes a more humane brick.
I don't shoot a roll of a black and white film to find out if I want to switch
to it or not. I shoot a brick. Contact and print the better images from it. Then
I feel like I've given the film a fair shot. Most people make decisions on a
film before they even get their developing time nailed down on it. They print
from under or over developed negs; then make a judgment.
There is a price advantage to the cellophane. Sometimes it's a buck are two per roll.
I get a warm fussy feeling when I buy a brick of film. INVENTORY: the key to
success. By Harry J. Smith
The people behind the camera store counter look at you then with great awe and
respect. (Wear your denim shirt!)
And then when you come into the camera store and ask to see that new expensive
German or Swedish thing under the glass they pull it right out and gleefully
show it to you. You gotta have respect!!:) Cellophane is certainly the key to
that respect! It's amazing
 you can see through it!
Mark Rabiner
"gotta get the chromes, Man!!!!"