Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Consensus? Skopar 24mm
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 11:43:56 -0700

Dominique PELLISSIER wrote:

> Stephen,
>
> It's got to be one thing or the other.
>
> If Cosina lenses (so-called Voigtlaender lenses) are excellent as you seem
> to believe, it's the death of Leica. Because the strength of Leica relies
> upon the quality of the lenses in spite of high prices.

Perhaps, but I doubt it. Leica is too famous and revered.

A buyout would be more likely.  I've lost count of how many times Leica has changed
hands since it was sold by the Leitz family.   Perhaps the new owners would have the
deep pockets Leica needs for R&D.  it might not be a bad thing.

Stephen Gandy