Subject: Re: [Leica] The lights are on...but nobody's home
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 11:16:51 -0700

> Dominique PELLISSIER wrote:

> > But Leica has NOTHING new to show. Nothing new = no advertising.Try to
> > communicate on the M6 : what slogan ? "Our M6 costs 2 times the price of an
> > Hexar RF and has : no motor, no AE mode and a shutter which jumps as a young
> > man only at 1/1000..."
> >
> > And on the R8 ? "without AF, without motor, but... for the price of a N****">>>>>>>>

Hi Dominique,

Your right!  However, who cares!

If you're a big share holder in Leica, then I can understand your
concern about the lack of solid  in your face advertising. But if you
don't have any other "shares than owning some Leica gear," I'd forget
the advertising concerns of a company you have absolutely no control over.

And let me say again.  You are quite right about the obvious lack of
advertising on the part of Leica.  Unfortunately it seems in the past
when they do some, its so mickey mouse stupid, one really has to wonder
at the complete lack of their understanding of the real world people who
use the leica camera.

However, like I say, none of us have any control over the advertising or
lack thereof on Leica's behalf, so why do we in effect waste our time
writing about it or voicing concern.  I'd be much better off out
shooting than sitting here writing this note. And that's where I'm now
going! :)

ted