Subject: Re: [Leica] i get no respect....
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 08:28:54 -0700

Jeffcoat Photography wrote:

> Ted and Mark
>
> Sounds like what folks said about the car and the telephone, nah it'll never last.
> Wake up fellas that's what they're making 20 gig hard drives for and bigger.>>>>>>>

Guys,

I think the point of this topic is slipping away, as we aren't against
digital or that it's merely a fad.  It's here and certainly a wonderful
advancement that can only become better.  Don't forget guys I used the
first digi cam at the Winter Olympics in Abertville, France in 1992.
Now that was a machine and a half! :)

What we are talking about is the dorkhead news photographers with an
attitude towards others in the profession who are not using digi
cameras.  Some of these young turks think they are above those of us
still using "oh one of those old cameras!"  about an M6 or even an R8!

Many of these young guys, haven't run into any young ladies yet with
chippy attitude, come out of "school" with the attitude they are great
and they are going to show the world what the hell picture taking is all
about!  Hell most of these guys can't write their names while peeing in
the snow, let alone seeing real photographs!

Electronically?  Yep I'd secede the world to them, as many are absolute
wizard's on computers and using the digi cam..... but that is all....
the electronics doesn't make them better photographers nor as good as
they think they are.

So before we loose this topic  .....  "it's attitude" we are talking
about, not the equipment!

And to stay on topic;  Please use your M camera correctly to illustrate
it's maximum use.  When they get too arrogantly cocky and pushy,  place
the flatside of said M camera firmly against the  their head in one
quick motion!   "OOPS! Sorry!" Then smile!  I betcha they weren't
prepared for that in school! :)

ted