Subject: Re: [Leica] i get no respect....
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 17:19:11 -0700

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> The best weapon against high tech digital AF idiots is a short stack of 11x14's
> in a box. (no maple syrup)
> This will prove to them that we are actually in our old age capable of focusing
> a camera lens and enlarger lens and putting two LED's in the middle and pulling
> out a stinky print! A short stack of prints is a necessary photographic tool
> like spare batteries, model releases, a lens hood. They WILL respect the results
> of Leica optics! They WILL have severe doubts about the Manliness/womanliness of
> their stinkin CPU's. Phooey I say to that!!!! :)  >>>>>>>>>>>>

And Mark the best is!  No matter what they shoot on their hotshot digi
cams, they wont have diddly squat images for printing in a week or in 24
hours,  the way the digi files are dumped because nobody has room to
store them for the future or  printing.

Some how I have this feeling that eventually someone is going to wake-up
to the fact that all this digi stuff isn't going to be, the be all to
end all from an historical point.

It comes to mind, as I've been printing negatives from Paris and Madrid
from 40 years ago that if it were hot dog digi....  it wouldn't have
been there to print!  And unfortunately the talents of many of the young
guys who are doing all this electronic stuff will wake-up too late!

ted