Subject: [Leica] i get no respect....
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:33:33 -0400 (EDT)

so i'm out covering an Event last night
(http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/senate.jpg) and there are 4 other
pj's there, one guy's got a pair of kodak d1's, and another guy's got two
of the new digital canon's, the third guy's got an older digital canon,
and this woman from the inquirer has an n90s. i've got my m6. so we're all
squished together up front and i say to the guy w/ the d1's, "hey, am i
the only person here shooting film!" and he says "probably." and turns
away. okay. doesnt' want to talk to me. during a break in the action,
they're all sitting by the door talking about cameras, i walk over,
nope, they dont' want to talk to me, get lost bozo. is it my mouthwash? my
haircut? or is it the size of my flash? one of them actually looked at my
m6 and said "geez, that's old. what kind of camera is that?" i'm
absolutely serious. am i wasting my time? how come me and my leica can't
get no respect?

i was about to get wiggy on 'em and start doing the leica dance on their
heads but they looked like some serious bruisers so i figured i'd shut up.

(sigh)

anybody else get snubbed by the other reindeer cause of their camera?

kc

(oh, p.s., before this starts a huge meaningless thread that won't die
and somehow ends up as a discussion of gun calibur's during WWII, i want
to mention that while we're up front shooting, a t.v. news producer comes
up, and taps the guy w/ the d1's on the shoulder and says "you're in the
shot, you're blocking the candidate, can you move to one side or kneel
down" and the guy says "no. no, i can't. sorry.")