Subject: [Leica] modified III
From: Evilboy <BernardDelgado@excite.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 12:16:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
I got a user III recently. Its was only $125 so I wasnt too worried about
its condition. It was brassed & had a flash sync installed.The slow speeds
dont work well.

Anyway the main modification that intrigues me is the slow shutter speed
dial.
It has a lever that reminds me of the Signal Corp leica copy, The Kardon.

Has anyone else seen a leica altered this way?

Sherry saw it & was surprised. She noticed certain details on the camera are
not original. I suppose theres a chance that it is a Russian counterfeit.
But I havent seen the III counterfeited, Mostly just the II.

Any thoughts? Serial #156859

Thanx
- -Bernard Delgado